Print Image


NP 12xx, Moclips


wood, cupola?, built 1902, formerly Beach Rental Cabin, relocated to the Museum of the North Beach in December 2008 and is located on the former Northern Pacific right of way on the original Moclips depot site. The Museum and Historical Society are actively raising funds to reconstruct the depot as it once was and the caboose will be part of the exhibit.

Caboose was donated to the Museum of the North Beach and the Moclips-By-The-Sea Historical Society. It retains many original features include the washbasin and water tank

Caboose was purchased by a private party in 1973 from the Burlington Northern and was trucked from the South Tacoma shops to Moclips where it was used as a beach front cabin.

Updated information courtesy of the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation and the Museum of the North Beach