Print Image


Port of Olympia 2, Departed WA


Former Port of Olympia 2-6-2T #2 arrived at the shops of the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad in mid-April 1999. The 45 ton split-saddle tanker was built by Baldwin in 1910 for the Black Hills and Northwestern Rwy. of Olympia, WA. The locomotive was later to become Mason County Logging Company\'s #7, and in 1928 became The Port of Olympia\'s #2. In 1955 it was sold to a private owner and stored at Snoqualmie, WA until the late 1980s when it was sold again and moved to Willits, CA.