SP&S 539, Departed WA
Here 539 is waiting in Battleground Park in June 1998. It has been stripped of it\'s rods and appliances. Construction of a shop for it\'s rebuilding was put on hold. Operation of the Chelatchie Prairie Railroad and restoration of another steam locomotive became the group\'s priorities.
Spokane, Portland and Seattle 2-8-2 #539 was orginally built as Northern Pacific W3 class #1762. It was transferred to the SP&S in 1944. After it\'s second career with the SP&S ended, it was placed on display in Esther Short Park in 1957. It was moved out of the park in June 1997, to the nearby city of Battle Ground for restoration. SP&S 539 Restoration Project The project stalled out and the locomotive was traded to the Grand Canyon Railroad.
||Spokane, Portland and Seattle
||Owned by and stored at the Grand Canyon Railroad in Arizona.