Print Image


NP 1364, Toppenish


Northern Pacific S-4 class 4-6-0 #1364 was built as a passenger locomotive by Baldwin in 1902. Originally donated to the City of Tacoma it was placed on display in Point Defiance Park in 1954. An attempt was made in 1974 to restore the locomotive to operation for the bicentenial. Funds ran out and the locomotive was moved from Tacoma to Mineral. After being stored at Mineral for a while the locomotive is now at the The Northern Pacific Railway Museum. Visible in the foreground are the engine\'s rods and smoke box cover.