Print Image


GN 2507, Wishram


Great Northern #2507 is a class P-2 4-8-2 built by Baldwin in 1923 for passenger service on the GN and was retired in 1957. In 1962, the 2507 was donated to Klickitat County by the SP&S and placed on display near Maryhill, on the Columbia River. The SP&S donated the GN locomotive since all of the SP&S steam had already been scrapped (except #539, donated to the city of Vancouver, WA and #700 which had been donated to the City of Portland, OR). The locomotive was barged from Maryhill to Pasco and restoration to operation was attempted, but the project broke down and the 2507 was stored on a spur at the Port of Pasco.