Print Image


Rayonier 2, Elbe


Delivered on December 27th, 1929 for J. Neils Lumber Company, construction number 34 was the last of the Willamette Locomotives built. It was later acquired by Rayonier in 1949, becoming their #2 at Sekiu. After being retired by Rayonier, it was acquired by Rayonier employee Jim Gertz for preservation and stored on his Port Angeles property. In 2002 it was donated to the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad where it will eventually be restored to operation. Update 2011: Operational. See \"Special projects: Willamette.\"