The Issaquah Depot was built in 1889 for the Seattle, Lake Shore and Eastern Railway. It was once bustling center serving coal mines, lumber mills, and even a major dairy. The rail line remained active until the mid 1990s but the depot was withdrawn from service in the 1970s and donated to the City of Issaquah.

Today, the Issaquah Depot is part of Issaquah Museums, a private non-profit funded in part by the City of Issaquah.